Monday, August 25, 2014

My University

Today was pretty productive to be honest. Everyone at my table finished their journal writes, and we had a very interesting discussion about college options. We also talked about bands and how I've discovered a not so new, but new to me, one that reminds me of the good old days when music was actually music. Did anyone watch the VMA's? Yeah don't there's no hope for music, especially when the newest track is a trashy rip off of Sir Mix-a-lot. Check out You Me at Six.

2 comments:

  1. What era do you look at as "the good old days"? For me, it's the 80's: A decade of nearly untouchable rock music, and the start of digital recording, before it was dynamically compressed and auto-tuned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I couldn't choose between the 60's through the 2000's I like anything from Fleetwood Mac and Jimi Hendrix to Smashing Pumpkins and Three Days Grace. The good old days for me would be any time in the past 50 years when originality wasn't lacking, although in the last ten years it's been pretty non-existent.

      Delete